The Mariners Elementary School Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization formed in 1999 for the sole purpose of raising funds to support the quality education at Mariners Elementary School. The Foundation is guided by an all-volunteer group of parents, faculty and staff and enjoys a broad base of support from the local community.
What do we do?
The Foundation provides funding for school programs & activities that would otherwise not be available to Mariners students. Current programs include:
- Funds science program through enrichment programs and teacher aides
- Science lab and lesson materials
- Full time music teacher for grades 4-6
- Part time music teacher for K-3
- Six teacher aides for grades 4, 5 & 6
- Three teacher aides for extended day Kindergarten
- A computer lab for technology K-6
- Networked computers for each classroom for curriculum integration and accelerated math and reading programs
- Numerous facility improvements
… and much more
Since inception in 1999, the Foundation has provided over $1.5 million in support to Mariners Elementary School as follows:
- 36% Teacher aides
- 25% Science teacher and programs
- 13% Music and art teachers programs
- 8% Computers and technology
- 18% Math, reading, facility improvements and other programs
How do we do it?
The Foundation raises funds from the local community and welcomes donations of any kind. The primary fund raising events include:
Fall Fundraiser Event
This is the premier fundraising event for the Foundation and includes food, music and silent auction. This event generates about 50% of the annual funds raised.
Spring Fund Drive and Art Walk
This event is a unique combination of a straightforward request for donations, home tour and student art auction generating about 30-40% of annual funds.
Fourth of July Event
This extremely popular event is in conjunction with the City of Newport Beach. The day begins with a bicycle parade down Mariners Drive followed by games and activities at Mariners Park. This event generates about 10% of annual funds.