The Foundation collects, retains and uses donors’ information such as: name, address, telephone numbers, email address, spouse’s name, donation amount, designations, donor history, and contributions.
The Foundation uses a third party online payment processing service with high levels of security. The Foundation does not store, nor does it have access to, credit card information, bank account numbers, or other account data sent to the payment processing service as part of an online donation, purchase or registration. Credit card numbers, provided by donors through electronic means, are not retained by foundation employees, nor do they have access to them.
Credit card numbers provided by donors through any physical forms or via telephone to authorized foundation employees are securely transmitted to the third party online payment processing service and are then destroyed.
The Foundation uses donor information for the following purposes:
- To administer and maintain records relating to donations.
- To facilitate fundraising.
- To communicate with donors about the Foundation.
- To distribute receipts to donors.
- To bill donors for unpaid pledges.
- To thank donors for their support.
- To provide information used in internal analysis.
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
The Foundation will not use donor information in the following manner:
- The Foundation will not sell or trade donors’ information with anyone else.
- The Foundation will not send mailings to donors on behalf of other organizations.
- The Foundation will not share donors’ personal information with any third parties unless given specific permission to do so by the donors.
In limited circumstances, the Mariners Elementary School Foundation may utilize outside vendors for various purposes related to foundation business. Such vendors may be given donors’ information for such use. These vendors sign a confidentiality agreement and are prohibited from using this information for any other purposes.
To make our website more useful to donors, volunteers and the general community, the Foundation’s server automatically collects information when someone visits the website. This information includes, but is not limited to IP addresses, date and time of the visits, pages visited and click streams.
The Mariners Elementary School Foundation may, at times, publically recognize the receipt and purpose of donors’ gifts. Such recognition is always with the donors’ prior knowledge and consent. The Foundation honors all explicit requests from donors who choose to remain anonymous.
The Foundation reserves the right to change the Policy at any time, but only with approval of its Executive Board. The latest Policy will always be posted on the Foundation’s website. For changes to the Policy that may be materially less restrictive on the use or disclosure of a donors’ personally identifiable information, the Foundation will obtain donors’ consents before implementing the change by sending notices to donors and by placing a prominent notice on the Foundation’s website.
Data on donors and donation amounts may be aggregated and stripped of all identifying information for reporting purposes including grant applications, trend analysis, reporting requirements and any applicable government filings without explicit consent of the donors. The Mariners Elementary School Foundation has initiated various safeguards and policies to protect donors’ information. These include, but are not limited to:
- Physical measures such as locked filing cabinets and restricted access to offices.
- Controlled access to data.
- The use of passwords and encryption.
- A written Records Retention Policy.
Questions regarding the Policy or any other aspects of the use of donors’ information should be directed to email@example.com.